Time is flying by, but when I stop to reflect, I realize that quite a bit has transpired in the past few weeks:
1. My kid and partner took a trip across the country for spring break! This was our (well, their - I stayed home because a. I had to work and b. plane tickets are breathtakingly expensive) first travel-heavy adventure since the autumn of 2019.
Although the airfare was pricy, they were able to stay with our relatives the whole time. My generous father-in-law even lent them his car so they wouldn't have to rent one. In the end, the cost evened out to something reasonable.
By all accounts, much fun was had with the parents, brothers, sisters, cousins, and pets. Definitely worth the time, the travel hassles (including one major delay and a subsequent sprint to a connecting flight), and the money.
2. I read eight books:
- The Searcher - Tana French
- Mirrorland - Carole Johnstone
- And Then She Disappeared - Lisa Gardner
- One Step Too Far - Lisa Gardner
- The Family Next Door - Sally Hepworth
- The Mother's Promise - Sally Hepworth
- The Silent Patient - Alex Michaelides
- The Maid - Nita Prose